Continue to build the reputation of Dromedary Peak Handcrew through successful fire management and fuel mitigation for the Division of Forestry, Fire, and State Lands. Give thorough training to develop firefighters on local and national wildland fire assignments. Provide opportunities for Dromedary Peak crewmembers to apply their training and experience on other fire resources.
To provide engaged learning opportunities for all employees through wildfire suppression assignments
Duty | Respect | Integrity | Self Discipline | Teamwork
“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.”
-Stephen R. Covey
- All personnel must exhibit a strong willingness to learn.
- Foster and promote good crew cohesion.
- Self-motivation and self-improvement are a necessity in every realm of our jobs.
- Strive to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Treat others with dignity and respect.
- Take the initiative; choose the hard right over the easy wrong.
- Maintain accountability for your actions and equipment at all times.